What should you put in your pack...
ote: Your pack should be 45 - 60 -70lbs max including food, water, tent and weapon. Try not to pack to much extras, you will have a animal to help pack out!
- Boots- Kenetrek Mountain Extreme 400v
- Gaiters- I recommend Kenetrek for bow hunters, they are quiet or Sitka, OR and Mountain Hardwear make good ones also.
- Base layer – Sitka merino wool, under armour or firstlite.
- Pants- Sitka – Timberline pants are best for most hunts.
- Shirts - Sitka
- Packable Down Vest or Down Jacket
- Jacket- Sitka
- Hiking Gloves - Sitka/OR
- Toque/Stocking Cap
- Brimmed Hat
I recommend - Mystery Ranch 6000 Nice Frame System Items in the Pack
- Sleeping bag and Stuff Sac
- Thermarest Sleeping Pad (Neo Air)
- Extra Clothing - not to much-
- Knife - Havalon
- Water Bottle (2 Large Nalgene)
- Food for hunt (I will supply)
- Ammo- minimum 1 full box or 6 extra arrows/broad heads
- Rifle or Bow
- Lighters/fire starter
- Headlamp- Petzel or Black Diamond
- Rain Fly for Pack
- Digital Camera / extra batteries
- Spotting Scope/ Tripod
- Leki or Black Diamond walking stick - Recommended
- Rangefinder- Angle, Recommended for bow hunters
- Gore-tex Socks - recommended to have some in the pack
- Special food items you may want
- Extra Waist Buckle
- Delorme Inreach or Sat Phone